How to Get Your Online Restaurant Customers to Order Direct, Using Top Restaurant Expert Strategies
Updated: Feb 3
Keep it simple and convenient to order, keep your commissions in your pocket, and keep the transaction funnel short, to capitalize like never before.
“Now that my business is 100% takeout and delivery, I had to bite the bullet and sign up for a third-party delivery service. The fees are ridiculous, but OK, I get it. What I don’t get is why people insist on ordering through a third-party site even for pickup. Why am I splitting my revenue when all they are doing is sending in the order?”
— Owner/operator, multiunit Restaurant Brand
Does the quote above sound all too familiar to you as a restaurant owner? Are you tired of doing all the work and then becoming nothing more than a virtual kitchen for third party delivery companies? Are you tired of giving away such a large chunk of revenue for no reason at all?
Luckily, companies such as Say2eat exist in order to help restaurants sell directly and offer delivery with 0% commissions. The pain points of the past can now be left in the past with this forward thinking, robust service, that will save thousands in commissions while offering multiple direct online ordering channels and services as highlighted below.
This is truly how to get your Customers to Order Online from your Restaurant instead of Third Party Delivery, and save money while owning the relationship with your customers. Follow these simple steps and top strategies below, from industry leading expert minds, to achieve the highest possible online ordering optimization and keep your margins intact:
1) Promote ONLY YOUR RESTAURANT — Stop promoting third party corporations, are YOU not the customer after all? Wait just a minute! You are telling me that customers come to YOUR restaurant website or google page and then see third party delivery being promoted? With 30%+ commission per order while they own your customers? Yikes!
2) Fight back and use third party delivery to acquire new guests — You are paying so much per order, take advantage of that to transfer all those third party order to be your direct orders, commission free! Put flyers in all third party bags asking customers to order direct along with a discount, use only direct ordering channels on your website and digital assets, inflate third party pricing, and offer the lowest pricing when people order direct from you.
3) Promote Direct Ordering from your Restaurant on all social and digital — explain why customers should order direct. In addition to customers naturally wanting to support their local businesses more than ever before, explain to customers that the cheapest and fastest way to order will be direct. More discounts and promotions, faster delivery, no bogus third party hidden service fees, no downloading and scrolling through hundreds of restaurants in a third party app, and no commission for the restaurant!
4) Give your customers options when ordering from you, different customers have different preferences. Instead of making them download a third party app and scroll to find you buried within a list of other restaurants, offer website ordering, Facebook messenger ordering, and offer ordering on Instagram!
5) Work with a delivery provider that charges 0% commission. You do not even realize how much money you are burning every month when working with third party delivery. Start saving today commission free via companies such as Say2eat, while they promote you and only you.
6) Promotions and ordering itself must be where your customers actually are, in order to shorten the marketing funnel to the transaction. This one is extremely simple, offer Facebook messenger ordering, offer promotions on Facebook, get more orders than ever before via social media!
7) Control your customer data and the ability to retarget them. Say2eat additionally captures all customer data for the restaurant to own, while retargeting their customers directly on their phone screen with 98% opening rates for abandoned carts and promotions to ensure they are actually seen.
All in all, there are several things you can start doing today for the long term success of your restaurants. The question is do you want to save money on commissions, control your customer relationships, and make ordering actually simple and enjoyable with options for your guests?
If the answer is yes, follow the steps above to see healthier margins and happier customers right away. Or better yet, give us a call or shoot us a note, the folks at Say2eat wake up in the morning the save money for as many restaurants throughout the US as possible, commission free!
Let’s talk about affordable, commission-free delivery for restaurant businesses, and easy, fast, convenient ordering for your customers without all the nonsense. Book a time to speak with Say2eat today!
To learn more, book a demo, or get started, visit say2eat.com or call 470-Say2eat!